Saturday, September 30, 2006

Denholme Clough 30-09-2006

Howdo Folks,

Sorry for the lack of news from Denholme Clough this year. I haven't had a great deal to report and my attempts to do so from my work email have failed. Anyway, today was a good morning despite the clear skies, though not a classic it was very busy for over two and a half hours.

609 Meadow Pipits,
14 Swallow,
2 House Martin
54 Chaffinch,
3 Goldfinch
8 Redpoll,
8 Siskin,
11 Greenfinch
8 Bullfinch,
4 Reed Bunting,
15 Linnet,
4 Lapwing
6 Skylark,
11 Pied Wagtail,
11 Grey Wagtail,
41 Starling,
2 Song Thrush,
1 Mistle Thrush,
24 Wood Pigeon,
3 Jackdaw
3 Red Admiral, 1 Comma

In the bushes:plenty of Jay, 3 male Blackcap, Chiffchaff, Goldcrest's,Thought I heard the opening bars of a Willow Warbler song but it was brief and only the once so I'm not claiming it. Also heard what could have been a Tree Pipit going over but as it's late September and not August I'm reluctant to claim that as well as I only heard it at distance and once.

Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home