Saturday, September 29, 2007

Denholme Clough 29-09-2007

An overcast morning with a slight northerly wind. The cloud was low enough that the Oxenhope watchpoint usually visible was shrouded in mist. Vertically I could only see a few 100 feet but horizontally I could see all my usual horizons except the pennines to the west.

A quiet morning with virtually empty skies. Everytime I scanned around I couldn't see anything moving. All these birds were picked up on call and were overhead.

0720 - 0915am

Redwing 44 mainly SE
Meadow Pipit 52 mainly SE
Chaffinch 35 mainly SE
Greenfinch 14 mainly E
Swallow 29 mainly S
Reed Bunting 4 individuals all S
Great Spotted Woodpecker 1 E
Starling 5 W
Woodpigeon 13 mainly SW
Mallard 6 S
BHGull 7 SW
LBBGull 10 SW
Common Gull 4 N

regards
Mark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home