Monday, August 02, 2010

Glovershaw.... black redstart!... 02-08-2010

After hearing Mark's inspiring talk I visited Glovershaw area this morning, not too early as no car available until after 8.30. No migrants at Glovershaw so I moved on to Birch Close Lane and noticed about 8 Meadow Pipits all congregated on a dry stone wall. This made me venture nearer and as I did so, a Black Redstart popped up to the right of the pipits. I was unable to get too near to the bird and it soon flew across the field to the next wall were I watched it further. Eventually it moved further and out of sight. At Weecher there was a Wheatear, with another nearer Sconce Lane. The area below Weecher which I call the triangle, was loaded with Willow Warblers & Chiff-Chaffs but no other migrants were seen on my walk. This may produce at another visit.

Regards

Shaun Radcliffe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home