Monday, March 25, 2013

SUPER SNOWS 2013














Just a few snaps to show how bad it really gets up here down our lane and before it goes!
Thirteen images allCopyright 2013

Bri and Howard.... thanks for you promise of rescue from the watchpoint in the autumn but the crows got to me long before you did, still got my scoping eye left tho, but when the kites and ravens circling overhead started to take an unhealthy interest, that was too much and I thought it was time to leave the only way I could, so opened the tumulus and down into the village that way....

D.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian Sumner . said...

If Id have known the Kites and Ravens were circling you Id have come up earlier with the camera .
You should have taken some more of those frosted digestive biscuits that you used to bring.
Good photos.

March 25, 2013 7:50 pm  
Blogger Dave Barker said...

Hey up Brian lad!.... so would I but camera shutter moribund with cold and lens caked with snow.... had some digestives but the pack was frozen solid and I couldnt prize then apart... so ended up making a peace offering to the kites with them after smereing them with marmite, which then snapped them up with out problem and thus allowing my escape down the hole.... pretty grim up there today and even worse (Weds 27th).... whats Soil like? Think HC must still be trapped down in the village....

March 27, 2013 5:21 pm  
Blogger Brian Sumner . said...

Soil Hill unworkable as you can imagine but should be clear by late July !!!!

March 27, 2013 7:35 pm  
Anonymous Howard Creber said...

Not bad here lads,but those dramatic snow shots are definitely 63 esque what ?. Good escape Dave lad - I knew you had it in you. Do you remember the time Bri and me found you frozen solid on the embankment - about 12 years ago. Now that was a scary sight - we thought you`d had it !!!

March 27, 2013 7:46 pm  
Blogger Dave Barker said...

All I can remember is that I had been eating snow for what seemed like a week.....

March 27, 2013 7:56 pm  
Anonymous Howard Creber said...

Yes, I`m sure that was the case. The icicle on the end of your nose was 8.5 inches long.

March 27, 2013 8:01 pm  
Blogger Dave Barker said...

Really a good job that something can solidify it!!....

March 27, 2013 8:07 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home