Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Oxenhope / Watchpoint 31-08-2005

Hi Brian, I spoke too soon – I knew the birds would be mixed in with the weather somewhere! Dave.
----- Original Message -----
From: Brian Vickers
To: daveb
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 11:11 PM
Subject: My sightings today

Dave,
Paul Clough:
1 Redstart (male)
2 Reed Bunting
4 Bullfinch
4 Chaffinch

Nab Water Lane:
8 Wheatear
4 Whinchat

Members only watchpoint: – permit required.
3 Cormorant passing over
350 BH Gulls
50 LBBG,s
3 Common gulls
14 Dunlin
1 Marsh Harrier

The 14 dunlin arrived from the SE at 15.50 circled the S end of the res three times looking to land then flew down the res and departed west. The Marsh Harrier a juvenile bird appeared low over the quarry at 1640hr just as the storm was breaking I was just about to go down the embankment the first spots of rain started to fall, I watched the bird fly down the shore of the res it departed into the gloom SE. I made a quick exit, my luck is holding.
Brian.