Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Northowram / Caldene Fields

Hi Dave
Thanks for the email re the comment to my last post. I will certainly contact Andy as a bit of map work reveals Northowram is S/S/W of Caldene Fields and a lot of my stuff move S/W ie finches etc, so it could be interesting if we both turn up similar birds and counts.

In fact on the 8/9 I had my first Snipe S and Andy had 4 S/W. I had a good movement of BH Gull S/S/E he had 200 S and of course he had 17 Canada G and I had 18 unidentified geese moving about 10 miles to the south of CFs which puts them roughly in the same line and direction Andy's birds were moving.

So I think we both need to keep an eye on each others sites as who knows later info could confirm a lined migration route.

All the best
Martyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home