NERF Review 2010... now available
The Review opens with reports from Paul Irving, Chair and Ian Court, Secretary. The thought provoking foreword by Richard Saunders, Ornithologist, sets the tone for the Review.
Part 1: summaries the activities undertaken by the Forum during 2010, including geographical and habitat coverage, conservation status of raptors in the NERF region and persecution data recorded by members.
Part 2: the species report, covering all 23 species of raptor, including raven, that occur in or transit through, the NERF region. Each species report includes a historical overview, population and conservation status together with threat assessments. Monitoring and productivity data from each NERF Group is presented in a tabular format followed by individual group reports.
Part 3: the following articles are presented in this section
• A Review of the RSPB Birdcrime Report 2010: Guy Shorrock, Senior Investigations Officer, RSPB
• Monitoring Raptor Demography on a National Scale: Dr Dave Leech, Senior Research Ornithologist, BTO
• Predatory Bird Monitoring Scheme: Lee Walker, PBMS, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology
• A Tale of two Ospreys, a report from Cumbria detailing the different stories of 2 chicks as they migrated from the UK to Western Africa: Phil Cheesley & Pete Davis Lake District Osprey Project
• Monitoring Nests with Cameras: Nigel Butcher, Technical Development Officer, RSPB
• National Merlin Survey 2008: Steve Ewing and Mark Eaton, RSPB
• Conservation Project for Lesser Kestrels in the Alta Murgia National Park, Italy: Pino Giglio & Marco Gustin, [translated by Gabriele Zambelli]
The Review is printed on high quality paper, in A4 format, perfect bound; c72,000 words across 112 pages, full colour throughout, including 46 photographs.
Copies can be purchased from Steve Downing for £12, including p&p.
A small number of copies of the 2009 Annual Review are still available at the reduced rate of £5 per copy. £17.50 including p&p for both Reviews.